If needed, you should contact auto accident attorneys in Huntsville. Millions of people are injured every year in auto accidents throughout the United States. Injuries range from minor scrapes and bruises to life-threatening injuries that have long-term consequences. Any injuries sustained in an automobile accident should be looked at by a doctor as soon as possible. We have seen many different injuries as auto accident attorneys in Huntsville.
The Five Most Common Injuries Sustained in Automobile Accidents
- Brain damage. Any jolt to the head or neck can cause temporary or permanent brain damage. And car accidents are the second leading cause of traumatic brain injuries. Mild brain damage can often heal itself within a few days or weeks. But, traumatic brain injuries are different. They cause permanent damage that will last for the rest of the victim’s life.
- Spinal cord injuries. Four out of every ten spinal cord injuries are caused during an automobile accident. That makes it the leading cause. When a car suddenly stops or accelerates due to a collision, it can cause the head and neck to stretch and snap back. Whiplash is a common occurrence. However, more serious injuries can cause temporary or permanent paralysis.
- Leg and knee injuries. Many accidents cause damage to the lower part of the vehicle. It is not uncommon for accident victims to sustain damage to the knees, ankles or toes. Injuries range from minor ones like scrapes to major ones such as amputations.
- Chest injuries. The chest is a particularly vulnerable area of the body during an accident. The seat belt can leave a deep bruise across the entire chest. Drivers are susceptible to steering wheel injuries. Severe collisions can cause the car to crumple around the passengers, causing compression and impact injuries to the chest region. Sternum and ribs are vulnerable to bruising and breaking
in any automotive collision.
- Soft tissue injuries. The skeleton is encased in many forms of soft tissue including muscles, tendons, and ligaments. During an accident, soft tissues all over the body can sustain bruising, sprains, or tears. Some injuries are minor while others can be life-threatening.
When Should You Call Auto Accident Attorneys in Huntsville
If you are in an auto accident, your first priority should be to seek medical attention for any injuries you sustain, no matter how minor they seem. Your health needs to be top priority. Your next priority should be to call auto accident attorneys in Huntsville.
Specifically the Law Offices of Charles G. Pitman. You can reach us at (256) 533-5000. Our office hours are between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., but we are available any time of day or night to take your
call. We offer free consultations on any accident.