Does every car, truck or motorcycle accident case need an attorney? Absolutely not. As a general rule, you probably don’t need an attorney if the accident resulted in property damage only (no injuries). Likewise, if there were only minor injuries (cuts and bruises) you likely don’t need an attorney.
When does it make sense to hire an attorney to pursue your case?
We feel there are some situations when you will definitely want to have a personal injury attorney representing your interests:
- Your injuries are severe, and require lengthy recovery period, or result in semi-permanent or permanent disability.
- The injuries cause significant lost wages, or financial hardship for your family.
- The injuries resulted in psychological issues, such as depression or post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Your quality of life is permanently impaired.
- The accident is complex, or the other party was uninsured, underinsured or their insurance company refuses to cooperate.
- If a loved one was killed in the accident (this is called Wrongful Death), you definitely need an experienced injury attorney.
If you have been injured in an auto accident, know that the insurance companies have teams of experts representing their interests. Their goal is to pay as little as possible on each claim.
If your injury falls into one of the categories above, take the time to meet with an experienced accident and injury attorney at Charles G. Pitman Attorneys at Law, LLC to see if you have a case. We have seen cases where the injured party tried to handle the case on their own and made mistakes. Unfortunately, there are some mistakes that an attorney cannot fix after the fact. We have even seen cases where the injured party received a settlement, only to have to pay it all to their medical insurance provider, because they didn’t understand subrogation. We have been able to help some of these people with their cases, but many had lost the opportunity for a fair and reasonable settlement.
With a serious injury, even if your initial hospital stay is short, your recovery may be lengthy, and could possibly require future surgeries, long-term rehabilitation or even long-term pain management care. If you are unable to work at your usual job, or even a less strenuous job, your family may suffer “fallout” from the accident, including financial challenges and stress. In all of these cases, it is worth your time to talk to an attorney and learn your rights.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident, contact the experienced accident and injury attorneys at Charles G. Pitman Attorneys at Law, LLC today by calling us toll-free at 855-4-PITMAN or by submitting an online case
We offer a free consultation, and there’s never a fee, unless we win your case.