Big Rigs, Semi’s and Trucking Crashes
Trucking accidents are often devastating to an accident victim. Because of the massive size and weight of a commercial truck, the injury and fatality rates for occupants of other vehicles in trucking accidents are higher than those of other auto accidents. Trucking companies and the government are aware of the risks that semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers and big rigs pose to other drivers. This is evident through increased regulations and standards in hiring, training, loading and driving. However, truck accidents continue to occur.
Have you been injured in a trucking accident? Have you lost a loved one in a serious trucking accident? You can work with one of our personal injury attorney in order to take legal action against the driver, or the trucking company, responsible for your injuries or your loss. At Charles G. Pitman Attorneys at Law, LLC we offer a free, confidential case evaluation to discuss your legal matter.
Trucking Accidents in Alabama
A trucking accident may occur due to one or more reasons. Driver error, an inexperienced driver, inattention, driver fatigue, poor maintenance, or an overloaded truck, can all contribute to an accident. Following are some specific examples of potential truck accident causes:
- A tight delivery schedule and long hours can lead to an exhausted truck driver who doesn’t notice a passenger vehicle as he or she is changing lanes, causing a serious collision.
- A truck driver may speed, because he or she is trying to make a delivery on time, and this can mean that he or she is unable to stop or react in time to an obstacle or other vehicle on the road.
- An overloaded cargo bed can make a truck difficult to control, even when the driver is being cautious and obeying traffic laws.
- A truck driver may fail to check his or her blind spot before changing lanes or turning.
- The condition of the truck’s tires, brakes, or other equipment or parts, may cause an accident if they inhibit the driver’s ability to control the vehicle.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, contact the experienced accident and injury attorneys at Charles G. Pitman Attorneys at Law, LLC today by calling us toll-free at 256-533-5000, or by completing the form on this page.