It’s Easter weekend! Are you going to an Easter egg hunt, complete with canine friends? Or are you driving to church, or visiting family? Unfortunately, any of these events could lead to injury because of someone else’s negligence. If that happens, our Huntsville personal injury lawyers can get you the justice you deserve.
Sometimes It’s Not Enough to Just “Be Careful”
Our legal team has represented a variety of Alabama personal injury cases. So we know that just being careful is not always enough to stop you or your children from being injured through no fault of your own. Unfortunately, even on Easter weekend, accidents happen.
That being said, let’s take a look at some common Easter weekend injuries:
- Slip and fall injuries. Easter egg hunts are loads of fun. But it’s easy to have a slip and fall accident. Uneven ground, gopher holes, slippery grass, and other safety hazards can mean a twisted ankle or more serious injury.
- Dog bite injuries. Dogs and people don’t always mix. If someone’s canine bites you or your child during the Easter festivities, you may need the services of our Huntsville personal injury lawyers.
- Traffic accidents. If you’re on the road this Easter, another motorist’s negligent driving could result in an accident that leaves you or your passengers with serious injuries. Our Huntsville personal injury lawyers know how to deal with the responsible party’s insurance company and lawyers; they’ll get you the compensation you deserve.
In many cases, you can prevent injury altogether. In general, if you can avoid injury, you have a responsibility to do so:
- Tread carefully on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- Take note of any warning signs posted about animals.
- Practice defensive driving.
Not All Personal Injuries Qualify for a Lawsuit
Alabama personal injury cases can be very difficult to prove. Turning to our Huntsville personal injury lawyers will help ensure that your rights are protected and you have a strong, valid case.
They will check to make sure that:
- You couldn’t have known that the dangerous situation existed beforehand.
- You couldn’t have taken steps to avoid it.
In addition, they will check to make sure that the injury was serious enough to warrant medical attention and caused damages such that you deserve compensation for:
- Pain and suffering.
- Lost wages.
- Medical expenses and treatments needed as a result of the injury.
What to Do If You Are Injured
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Make sure medical personnel carefully document injuries
Getting medical help right away may reduce the amount of damage done by the injury and may prevent more serious injury. The documentation medical personnel provide about your injury will also help our Huntsville personal injury lawyers prove your case in court or during settlement negotiations.
Are You a Personal Injury Victim? We can help!
The Huntsville personal injury lawyers at Charles Pitman Attorneys at Law are available to assist you 24/7. Contact us online or call (256) 533-5000 to set up a free consultation. There’s never a fee, unless we win your case.