Do I Have a Case?
Does every car, truck, or motorcycle accident case need an attorney? Absolutely not. As a general rule, you probably don’t need an attorney if the accident resulted only in property damage (no injuries). Similarly, if there were only minor injuries, such as cuts and bruises, you likely don’t need an attorney.
So, do I have a case?
Here are some situations where you will definitely want to have a personal injury attorney representing your interests:
- Your injuries are severe and require a lengthy recovery period, or result in a lifelong or semi-permanent disability.
- Due to your injuries, you suffered heavy wage losses or your family experienced financial hardship.
- The injuries result in psychological issues, such as depression or post-traumatic stress disorder.
- The wreck forever impaired your quality of life.
- The accident is complex, the other party is uninsured or underinsured, or their insurance company refuses to cooperate.
- If a loved one was killed in the accident this is called wrongful death, and you absolutely need an experienced injury attorney.
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident, know that the insurance companies have teams of experts representing their interests. Their goal is to pay as little as possible on each claim.
When to Consult An Attorney
If your injury falls into one of the categories above, take the time to meet with an experienced accident and injury attorney at Charles Pitman Attorneys at Law, and see if you have a case. We have seen cases where the injured party tried to handle the case on their own and made mistakes. Unfortunately, there are some mistakes that an attorney cannot fix after the fact. Furthermore, we’ve even seen cases where the injured party received a settlement, only to pay it all to their medical insurance provider because they didn’t understand subrogation. While we have been able to help some of these people, many lost the opportunity for fair and reasonable settlements.
With a serious injury, even if your initial hospital stay is short, your rehab may be lengthy, could require future surgeries, long-term rehabilitation, or even long-term pain management. If you are unable to work at your usual job, or even a less strenuous job, your family will probably suffer “fallout” from the accident, including financial challenges and stress. Consequently, in all of these cases it is worth your time to talk to an attorney and learn your rights.
Do I have a case? If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident, contact Charles Pitman Attorneys at Law today. Call us toll-free at 256-533-5000, or Submit a FREE online case review form..
We offer a free consultation, and there’s never a fee unless we win your case.